Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Provo Weekend!

Well, I went to provo this last weekend! It was seriously the most refreshing/fun weekend I've had since I've been home! I saw a alot of mission friends and family, and it was just so good!

Thursday:
Drove down after my class. So I left Rexburg at 1:15 and got to Salt Lake about 5. I decided to hop out and just walk around temple square for a little while, which was so refreshing! The spirit was totally there and it felt good to go explore and just enjoy some time for myself.
I saw my favorite Visitors Center movie, called "God's plan for our families". It's all about the blessings of eternal families, and it just makes me so excited to be a wife and mom! I saw on the mission alot at the Mormon Battalion, and every time it made me cry. This time I still cried.

 
 
 


Friday: 
I got lunch with my friend Kali Browne, who was in my MTC district and she served in Buenos Aires Argentina South Mission. It was so great to catch up and talk about our missions. She is such a sweetheart and I really love her!! We ate a Mexican Restaurant called Milagros (Miracles)!!

Kali and I

Then that afternoon I met up with my good friend and favorite zone leader Bryce Harper, and we hiked the Y in Provo! It was a HARD hike! Poor Bryce was so patient and stopped like every 10 step for me to catch my breath because the air sure is thin up there! (Also... I'm not all the way in shape yet.) But it was so good for the both of us! We needed the fresh air, and plus we talked about everything under the sun! I am so grateful for him, cause he is such a great friend!!

Getting ready!


Here we go!

Almost to the top!!


Cool face!

Me and Bryce

Bryce

Top of the Y


Saturday:
I had a sleep over friday night with my sister training companion Sister Maureen Davis! We went to the Mt. Timpanogos because my cousin is getting married next weekend, and so she went through the temple, and Maureen tagged a log with me so we could hang out together. I love her so much and it's so great to always hang out with her!

Maureen and I

Then that night was the wedding reception for my favorite District Leader, Ben Wimmer. I drove up with an elder from my mission, Zach Sundwall. We ran into other missionaries from the mission and it was a good time! On the drive home Zach and I got Ice Cream, and he a great time!!


DeBaltzo, Gerts, Tipton, Clipp, Me, Sundwall

Me, Mrs. Wimmer, Ben Wimmer, Gerts, Clipp, Sundwall, Tipton, DeBaltzo.

This weekend was so needed. It was refreshing, and I learned how much Heavenly Father really hears my prayers. I saw Hand in many tender mercies from my trip, and it's a comfort to know that he loves me, and wants me to be happy!

Next weekend I'll be back in Provo again for my first mission reunion!! I am so excited! I hope it goes well, and also conference is this weekend!! I am soooo excited!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment