Friday, September 14, 2012

"I will go, I will do"

There are times in our lives when there are challenges or tasks to fulfill, that make us feel like Nephi, "And I shrunk that I might not [do this thing]..." (1 Nephi 4:10)  It's hard to see how this will fulfill it's self or how this will benefit us in the long run, when all it's doing right now is causing pain, loneliness, sadness and even anger. Where do these challenges come from? Is there a purpose to them? Why is life hard?

The Savior of all man kind had the hardest task to fulfill, to suffer for OUR sins, OUR pains, and OUR afflictions. "Which suffering caused [Him], even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore..." (D&C19:18) He shouldered the burden to provide a means for our salvation and freedom from sins and sorrow. HE is "the way, the truth and the life". (John 14:6)

Let us look forward with and eye of faith and "...know thou, my [child] that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." "The Son of Man hath descended below them all, art thou greater than He?" (D&C 122:7-8) Every challenge we have, that isn't the result of transgression, is evidence that our Supreme and Loving Heavenly Father trusts us, and feels we are ready to grow more. He knows that all of these things will be for our best, ETERNAL good.

Faith during times of trial is hard. It's hard to see that light at the end of the tunnel when there is nothing but fog blocking our way. Know that YOUR Father is aware. Know, that He is watching and guiding you. Listen to the voice of the Spirit, he will be the one to whisper words of encouragement when you need it. Read the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon to see the written words there for you when you need Him!

I know that right now, that even though no one can FULLY comprehend how I feel, or understand my worry, I am never alone, because there are two who know with a perfect understanding my anguish. My Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They understand, and as I use the enabling powers of the Atonement, I can make it! I can do the tasks the I'm asked to fulfill even when I only see about 2 feet in front of me. I can be like Nephi too. I can go, and I can do! I WILL go, and I WILL do the things the Lord commands. I know the Lord provides a way, he has asked me to do these things! "...let US be faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord; for behold he is mightier than all the earth..." (1 Nephi 4:1) "...even unto the power of deliverance." (1 Nephi 1:20)

Let us look forward with an eye of faith and look to the heavens when we are in despair and feel alone. Let us keep the commandments, and keep our covenants! Let us show our faith! And then, "Therefore dearly beloved [brothers and sisters], let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance to see the salvation of God, and for His arm to be revealed." (D&C 123:17)

I know that I can do this...and so can you!



No comments:

Post a Comment