Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas break!

Since school got out, I've been up to some pretty neat stuff! Today I am celebrating my 22nd birthday. It feels rather anti-climactic. So I'm going to the temple today to make it a good day! Getting some great presents too. I asked for a fuzzy bath robe for my birthday, pretty excited! And I'm going to dinner with my family at the Cheesecake Factory! It's my favorite restaurant! But I've been keeping busy during this break. Here is a list of what I've been up to.

sleeping.
doing the high council rounds with my dad and speaking in other branches in our stake.
going to the temple. 
lounging around with family.
buying luggage for the mission.
getting lunch with friends.
celebrating Christmas.
eating yummy food.
watching stupid tv shows.
counting down the days until I leave. (42)
seeing Narnia 3 in theaters.
watching scrubs.
shoveling out of 2 feet of snow from the mega blizzard we got. 
waiting in the airport for 2 day to try and catch a flight to my cousin's wedding.
reading the Narnia book series.
shopping for mission clothes.
seeing Harry Potter 7 for a 4th time. 
celebrating my birthday today.
realizing I have a whole month with nothing to do.

It's been a very relaxing break so far! I've done all the relaxing I could and it's been so great. Wendy and Ryan go back to school on the 4th, and I am going to be super lonely here without them. I have plans to have my cousin Debi's daughter Brooklynn spend MLK weekend with me. I've got plans to take a trip to NYC with some ladies in my ward, which should be super fun! I also am going to a Celtics game next month which is going to be SUPER awesome! So I guess I'll have some things to do.

I'm starting my missionary routine on Saturday. I plan to wake up at 6:30 and be in bed by 10:30. I'm excited to try it, because then I will have time for my personal study, exercise, and other things! I'm also teaching seminary next month and trading off with another lady in my ward. It's going to be really fun and I'm really excited! I loved seminary in high school, and I secretly want to be a seminary teacher when I'm older. It will be great practice for teaching! 

So today in the Hansen/Porter family is a pretty good day! It's my 22nd birthday, my late Aunt Susan's birthday (always loved that we shared a birthday), my cousin Danielle and Trevor's 1 year wedding anniversary, AND my other cousin Katie and Russel's wedding day! I secretly think that Danielle and Katie wanted in on mine and Susan's day :). December 30th is a great day for everything though! So neat to have all of these connections with my family now!

Here are some pictures from the end of the semester. BYU-I Center / MC dedication, 
Moving day, and Lights at Temple Square. 

New BYU-I Center (at dedication)

BYU-I Center



Britanee (Bran) and I (Mehlman)

My besties! (roommates)

Lights at temple square






1 comment: