Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Boston Celtics

This post is dedicated to why I love the Boston Celtics! My boys are great and I love them!
I'm giving my top 18 reasons why I love the Celtics. 18 reasons because this will be the year for banner 18!

18. They handle the ball so well! It's like watching a tennis match when they pass the ball around. It's been really beneficial for them!

17. 17 NBA championship titles. The most in the NBA history!

16. Have an amazing team dynamic. Even after adding Shaq this year, the 5 starters still get the job done as a TEAM. We also have a bench that comes to play EVERY game. The 2010 finals were proof of that. They were the reason it went all the way to game 7.
15. Red Auerbach and the dynasty he created for the Celtics beginning in 1979 with Larry Bird and company.

14. The Original big three: Larry Bird, Robert Parish, and Kevin McHale.

13. The president of their basketball operations is Danny Ainge. A MORMON!

12. All the players have a sense of humor! It's funny to watch them all interact during team practices. They know when to joke, they also know when to come to work.
11. The "Shrek and Donkey" moment from 2010 NBA finals with Glen Davis and Nate Robinson.

10. Nate Robinson being only 5 feet 9 inches is such a cocky little son of a gun and he's SO good!
9. Doc Rivers and his love for the team. He came back even though he didn't have to for the last year of his contract.

8. Game atmosphere. Have you been to a game at the TD Garden?? The only thing that amazing is a Red Sox game at Fenway Park. Boston loves their teams and they sure show it!

7. Ray Allen breaking the record for most 3 pt. shots in a play off game. 8 baskets!
6. Just watch any game and just watch the way all 5 starters come on the court at the beginning of each game. Including the tunnel team huddle.

5. Big Ticket, The Truth, Rondo, Perk, and Ray.

4. Always finding a Celtics fan no matter where in the world I am. :)

3. The Celtics v. Lakers rivalry. I freaking hate the Lakers more than the Devil. They are the worst. But nothing gets me more excited then watching any match up between the two. Never a disappointing game!

2. Kevin Garnett and his pre-game ritual of smacking his head twice on the goal post. Love it! :)
1. Win or lose, the Celtics will always have my heart! They have so much history as an organization. You can't beat having them as a home team. I developed green blood when I moved to Massachusetts and I'll never lose it. We really do have the luck o' the Irish!


Here's to another amazing season! I can't wait to see how it plays out! Even though I'll miss the last 4 months of the season, I have no doubt 2011 will bring us banner 18!

Celtics=

1 comment: