Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween from Rexburg, Idaho

This year Halloween was quite an interesting event. My sister, my roommate Britanee, and myself dressed up as characters from our favorite TV show Arrested Development. We were the Funke's as their band "Dr. Funke's 100% Natural Good-Time Family Band Solution. We had fun joking and dressing ourselves up in the geeky clothes we bought at Deseret Industries. At the ward Halloween party not many people knew who we were, but it made it all the more funny because we just looked RIDICULOUS as you can see... But it was fun! By the end of the night I was ready to get rid of my wig because I wanted to look like a girl again and not look like Tobias. Plus it itched like CRAZY!

Britanee-Lindsay 
Me-Tobias 
Wendy-Maebe

The REAL Dr. Funke's 100% Natural Good-Time Family Band Solution



The Fall weather in Rexburg has been moody to say the least. It was in the 30's last week and this week it's going to be in the 60's. Would be cool to have a consistent weather pattern. But what are you going to do? It's Rexburg after all! We now only have 3 weeks until Thanksgiving and I am more than excited to go home and see my Mom and Dad. I always miss them when I am at school. I also can't wait to be together as a whole family for this holiday. We haven't had Thanksgiving as a family since 2004. So sad. But this will be the last one for 2 more years while Ryan and I serve missions. Ryan is starting his mission papers now and I am so excited! I hope that he receives all the blessing that com from preparing! I know I have!

I am still waiting to get my call. I found out that my call is being delayed because my availability date isn't until Feb. 1st. So it will be a few weeks most likely until I hear. I am just worried to death that it will get sent to my school address when I am at home. I am also hoping to do my Endowments over Thanksgiving break, and the later my call is, it may not work out. But the Lord will do it on his time. He is helping me to learn patience, which I have prayed for. But my call will come when it comes. 

I hope everyone is enjoying Fall as much as me! This is really my most favorite time of year! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... I am in class right now reading your blog and I ALMOST started laughing out loud when I saw your picture of your costumes. AMAZING!!!! I love it... and you... and you're great, hang in there :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle you're adorable! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post. The picture is priceless. Wendy looks so thrilled to be the child. :)

    I think I check your facebook posts like a stalker...waiting for that all important-life-changing-status-update!

    ReplyDelete