Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Gratitude

I've been reflecting a lot on the blessings in my life a lot lately as I prepare to leave. I have been so very blessed in my life and I have so many things to be thankful for. I've come up with a list of the things that I feel that I am so lucky to have and know. 

1. I'm so very grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows me personally. Nothing helps me through my trials more then knowing I'm not alone. 

2. My Savior Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for the gift of a Savior and the peace that comes from knowing Him. I'm very grateful for His atoning sacrifice for me. So that for someone as imperfect as me, I am able to be forgiven for my mistakes and sins, as well as having someone who is always able to understand how I am feeling in any situation. Also that I am able to return to heaven again and live with Him and my Heavenly Father.



3. I'm grateful for my family. I could go on and on about how much they mean to me. I truly am very grateful to have 4 amazing family members that are my very best friends. I'm grateful for a brother who is an example to me by the way he honors his priesthood. He is such a great example of someone who gives selfless service. I'm grateful for my sister who blesses my life more than she realizes. She has always been the one to walk me through each phase of my life knowing how it's done. She is my support, when life brings me down. I'm thankful for my mom who is the most amazing woman to me. She is an example of the kind of person I want to be. She is a strong woman and works hard for our family. She is such a support to me emotionally and spiritually. I'm so very grateful for my dad. He is such an amazing support to my family. He is the perfect example of someone who gives Christ-like service. He serves our family in so many ways, and in more ways than I even know. I'm grateful for his financial, emotional, and spiritual support. I'm grateful for my parents example in the church and how they have taught me to live righteously. 


4. I'm grateful for the temple. I have loved temples for as long as I can remember. I am grateful for the Spirit that is there. I don't feel that it's appropriate to expound on what goes on there, but I know that the work done there is ordained of God. I know it to be the Lord's house and I look forward to every chance I get to serve Him there. 

   

5. I'm grateful for the restored gospel. I'm grateful for the curiosity of a 14 year old farm boy, who simply wanted to know which church to join. I'm grateful for the faith of Joseph Smith to bring about the Book of Mormon, and do what was asked of him by the Lord to bring about the church to the earth again. 

5. I'm grateful for Prophets and Apostles. I'm grateful that these men are on the earth today to share with us the things that our Father in Heaven wants us to know. I'm grateful for their example and the righteous lives they lead.

  

6. I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon. I love reading it and gaining so many spiritual insights into what the Lord shared with His prophets for us to hear. I love the stories and learning about the lives of ancient prophets.


7. I'm grateful for Preach My Gospel. It's been the best learning tool. I feel that I am better able to learn how to effectively teach the gospel to those who need to hear it. It helps me to feel more confident that I will be able to become an effective representative of Christ. 


8. Lastly, I'm grateful for the chance to serve my Father in Heaven and my Savior. I have been so blessed in my life in so many ways, that I look forward to giving up 18 months to share the message of the Gospel and of my Savior to the world. I feel this is the way I can show my Father my gratitude for all of my blessings. 


I have been so blessed in my life, and my heart is so full. I have so much to be grateful for. I love my life and everything in it. It's not perfect, and I've gone through my fair share of trials and mistakes. But with each curve ball thrown my way, I've glad to have come out on the other side stronger, and with a deeper love for my Savior than before. I know i'm young and have so much more life to experience, but I look forward to each day, and the chances I have for my testimony to grow and to learn from all of the things that Heavenly Father has in store for me. 

My friend Braden, who is on a mission in Nicaragua, gave the idea in an email to keep a gratitude journal. I've been trying that, and while doing that I have seen the Lord's hand in my life each day and all of the blessings I receive. I challenge anyone who is interested and has the time to try a gratitude journal. It's amazing to see that just the small things in your day that are great, can simply be tender mercies from the Lord. :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this and LOVE you!!! You are going to be SUCH a great missionary! You have SO MUCH good to tell these people!!!

    ReplyDelete