Monday, November 29, 2010

Harry Potter and Thankethgiving!

So the day before break my sister, Nicole, Britanee, and our friend Nadia went to see the mid-night showing of Harry Potter 7. We had been counting down since 3 weeks before with a paper chain and a Harry Potter Question of the Day each day. We re-read all the books and watched all the movies in preparation for it! Our room mate Taylor even made Nicole and I Gryffindor scarfs! It was so fun. We got in line at 7 pm and waited until mid-night. The movie was so amazing, so it was worth it!


Our scarves are matchy matchy!

Nicole is way crazy. 


Loved the huge poster things.

As you can see...

In our seats waiting until Mid-night!


Thanksgiving. Such an enjoyable break! It was so nice to be at home. It helps me to remember I have a home and I don't live in Rexburg all year long. I miss my parents a lot when I am at school and it was great to go there and have nothing pulling my attention away from spending time with family. 

Wendy, Ryan and I flew home on the 20th and were home until the 26th. Short, but perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better week at home. The weather was great! It was in the 60's most of the week. I had fun seeing friends from church and spending Thanksgiving day with my cousin and her in-laws. We played Catch Phrase for a while after dinner and had SO much fun with it. It go crazy, loud, and competitive. Such a fun night. The food was great! I just wish I could have enjoyed the leftovers for a day or two after!

We saw Harry Potter as a family for FHE, and LOVED it! It was the second time for the kids, but still fun to see again. I am such a Harry Potter geek and I am just in love with all of it! If you couldn't tell already.

Now I'm back at school finishing off these last 3 weeks until Christmas! I got a cold already my first day back, so it's fun trying to battle that while being back in class. I'm already missing home so much and I'm just dying to get back! But getting emails from my two missionary friends really made the Monday back so much better!

2 comments:

  1. remember when I visted you for thanksgiving and we saw hp gof? and I fell asleep...goodness it doesnt seem that long ago--but I guess it was happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw HP too over Thanksgiving... I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!! And you :) Hang in there- almost time to be done with school again! We feel the same way- it's a pain coming back to school after suuuuch a great break!!

    ReplyDelete