Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Has it really been that long?


Well i've been in Florida a month now and it's been nice! It's been cold here, which makes me sad, cause I want some warm weather! But the plus side is the cold keeps the swimmers out of the pool :D I've jumped in about once so far, and it was in all of my layers, so that was neat. The shifts are long but still fun.

I've had a blast getting to know the people in the Singles Ward, and going to church and FHE as often as my work schedule allows. It's been a real blessing to get all of my sundays off for church. It's so nice to be at church every Sunday!

Even though I am having an enjoyable time here, I miss home and my family. But they are coming to visit at the end of next week, and I am very excited for some real family time! We are staying at the Contemporary Resort, which is one of the 4 resorts I lifeguard at. It's my favorite of the four, and i'm really excited for them to see what I do everyday!

Since i've been in Florida, i've lost 14 lbs. and i'm very proud of myself! I've started doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, and it's AAAAmazing! It really works your body, and it's a short 30 minute work out! My legs are burning right now! None of my jeans fit, which is cool, but inconvenient at the same time. :) I really feel great and I hope to be to my goal weight a year from now! I just need all the support and encouragement I can get!


My favorite picture so far!

Before I got tan

Our roommate photo! :) Tara and I with our
roommate on the job

And the Classic Minnie and Mickey picture!
I'm so proud of this one!

I've really enjoyed my time here! I'm still waiting to hear about my British Literary study abroad for next semester. I'm praying that it's the right thing for me to do! I'm really looking forward to the next few months here in Florida and I'm trying to make the most of being away from my lovely home in Boston!
I feel really blessed the have the opportunity to work in Florida for a few months. It's been fun so far being back and seeing a lot of my old friends from last year! I hope to post again soon. I'm just pooped a lot from work, I forget! :) I hope all is well with everyone!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having lots of fun!! I'm jealous!! ;) Congrats on the weight loss- that's great!!!! Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete