Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Mission Call

IT CAME!!!!
I was going to give up today on checking the mail and worrying about when it would come. But I decided to check the mail one last time. When I opened the mail box I froze realizing it was there! Then I ran back to my apartment screaming, then realizing no one was even home! I then called my parents and planned for a time to open it. Then when all my roommates came home, we stood and screamed about it for like a good 5 minutes.

I had to take a test 2 hours before I opened my call and I couldn't focus on studying or even taking the test. I'm not even sure how I did, nor do I think I want to know.

Before I opened my call I prayed so hard to my Heavenly Father that I'd feel the Spirit when I opened it and also that I would know in my heart that I am being sent to the right place. I was so worried that I would get called state side and be really sad about it. But then the time came to open my call! I didn't even get the envelope open before I started crying. I felt the Spirit SO strong! The letter went a little something like this.

Dear Sister Hansen,

        You are hereby called to serve as a missionary to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the California San Diego Mission. It is anticipated you will serve for a period of 18 month. You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday February 9, 2011. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language.

I knew when I read my call I was being assigned to a place where I am needed and I am so happy for that! I am excited to be serving state side! It's going to be a blessing serving in San Diego! ALSO in Spanish!! Couldn't be more thrilled about that! I am so glad to be able to talk to my sister and my mom in Spanish! It's such a comforting feeling knowing now where I am going.

I know I've over talked about my mission preparation so much. So now that I know where I am going, I promise to cool it down. I am so very grateful for the love and support I am getting from everyone. It means SO much! 

I AM GOING TO BE A MISSIONARY!!!!! I AM SO FREAKIN' EXCITED!!!!!!


This is me opening my call! I apologize for the crying, I was just so overwhelmed by the Spirit!
I know I am hard to understand... :)


5 comments:

  1. AAAAAH!!!!! Loveeeee this.... I'm so excited for you!!! SO SO SO SO EXCITED!!!! Love you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Mia! You will be so great! liv says she is happy that you will teach everyone the gospel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Mia, you'll be a fabulous missionary.

    Love you,
    Nelma & Jed

    ReplyDelete